Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1w1d old


rishi's billirubin level didn't improve much. went from 15.5 to 15.1, the nurse called to tell me that the doc suggests pumping & storing my milk for a few days while i formula feed. my heart won't allow me to do this. i don't believe it is the solution and my research shows that this level is not one that warrants such a change. it isn't ideal that he is not improving with the phototherapy, but it is still early and not uncommon for exclusively breastfed babies to be where he is at. he has a well baby visit on tuesday and i am going to pray, pray, pray that this resolves itself by then. it is sinulog weekend so i am going to ask all my family in cebu to dance and pray to the santo nino for little rishi. i've been pretty distraught today but am so thankful for some really supportive mamas who are cheering me on. he's doing awesome otherwise, gaining 5oz over the past 2 days. weighing in at 7lbs 9.3 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment